1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- FAP regularly organizes events, such as conferences and workshops in the health and medical sector (thereafter referred to as “Service”).
2. ELIGIBILITY TO BOOK/RESERVE AND CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT
- The presentation of Services on the FAP website serves the purpose of submitting an offer to purchase a ticket for the selected event.
- When clicking the button the User submits a binding offer to buy the selected number of tickets for the specified event to the displayed costs.
- FAP may accept User’s order by sending a separate order confirmation by email. The receipt of User’s order is confirmed with an automated email, which may include the acceptance of User’s offer.
- In the event FAP’s order confirmation contains clerical errors or misprints or there are technical transmission errors in determining the price FAP is entitled to appeal. Payments already made will promptly be reimbursed
- Purchasing is restricted to actionable person over 18 years old with full legal authority to complete the purchase process. In registering third parties, a company or a legal body, the person conducting the purchase must have proper authorization to act as an agent on behalf of such parties, company or legal body, respectively. By preceding the purchase, the terms and conditions shall apply equally to the person who has undertaken the purchase and to the third parties for whom he or she is acting as an agent.
- The purchased tickets are bound to the person specified during the booking process and are NOT TRANSFERRABLE to other persons.
- You need to purchase with your official name. Purchases under a pseudonym are not allowed. FAP may delete purchase orders under wrong names, pseudonyms etc..
- Payments may be made, at User’s discretion, by bank transfer to a given account, credit card or PayPal. The means of payment are specified on the FAP website.
- When paying by credit card User’s account will be charged when your purchase/booking is completed.
4. PROGRAMME CHANGES
Programme changes can occur at events (e.g. conferences, workshops etc.). In the event of the cancellation of individual speaker, FAP will endeavour to find an appropriate replacement; attendees have no entitlement to claims due to cancellation of individual speakers. Admission to event areas with a limited capacity is granted only within the scope of the officially approved audience capacities. If the admission volume is full, then FAP may restrict admission temporarily, without this forming the basis for a claim to a partial refund.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In the case of ordinary negligence, FAP is only liable if it fails to fulfil a duty whose fulfilment is essential for the proper performance of the contract and on whose fulfilment the User may rely (so-called cardinal duty). In all other cases, FAP is not liable for damages of any kind, regardless of the subject matter of the claim and including the liability for fault at the conclusion of the contract. The forgoing limitation does not affect FAP’s liability for gross negligence and intent.
- If FAP is liable for ordinary negligence according to point 5.1., the liability of FAP is limited to the damage that FAP typically had to expect based on the conditions known at the conclusion of the contract.
- The above exclusions and limitations of liability do not apply to cases where FAP guarantees the nature of the services/goods nor to damages payable according to product liability laws nor to damage resulting from loss of life, physical injury, or damage to health.
- The above exclusions and limitations of liability also apply to the employees of FAP, vicarious agents, and other third parties used by FAP to fulfil the contract.
Warranty ensues according to the statutory provisions.
7. INSTRUCTIONS ON WITHDRAWAL
- CONSUMERS’ RIGHT TO WITHDRAWAL
Consumers (“Verbraucher”, acc. to sec. 13 of the German Civil Code) have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which the contract was concluded. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us
Geschäftstelle Patientenverband Familiäre Amyloid Polyneuropathie e.V.
Gebäude A1, Raum 248.05,
Telefon: +49 (0)251 83 44826
Fax: +49 (0)251 83 48450
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form*, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
End of Instructions on withdrawal
2. Exclusions from the statutory right of withdrawal
The statutory right of withdrawal shall not apply in the following cases:
Contracts for the provision of services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance (cp. Sec. 312 g para. 2. Sub. 9 Civil Code).
3. In cases a right to withdraw applies, you shall pay FAP an amount, which is in proportion to what has been provided until you have communicated us your withdrawal from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract, if you requested to begin the performance of services during the withdrawal period (cp. Sec. 357 para. 8 of German Civil Code)
8. DATA PROTECTION
- The safety and protection of the data of any participant is our important concern. FAP commits to comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
- FAP explicitly points out and User acknowledges that FAP collects, saves and processes data that is necessary for our business relation. Any use, storage or processing and/or transfer of data shall be pursuant to the provisions of the EU Regulation No. 2016/679 , the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Data Protection Law.
- When purchasing tickets on attrmeeting.org, personal data must be stored and used. This stored data will be exclusively used for the purpose of processing your purchase order and to manage the execution/fulfilment of the contract. The User may at any time request information about the stored data and the deletion of the same. Conditions shall be construed in accordance with European and German law.
9. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION FOR CONSUMERS
- If the user/attendee is the consumer (“Verbraucher”, acc. to sec. 13 of the German Civil Code) and has purchased their ticket online, then FAP advises that, from 15 February 2016, the European Commission has provided a platform for online dispute resolution here. Email address of FAP is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAP is not willing or obligated to participate in dispute settlement proceedings before an ADR entity.
- If User does not object the changes within four weeks after the effective date of the changed Terms, the amended Terms shall be deemed accepted. The period shall begin with the day that was announced as effective day of change via email vis-a-vis the User.
- If User objects the change, FAP shall be entitled to terminate the user agreement and dissolve the particular user account, effective on the date on which the changed terms become effective. In this case the User will be reimbursed for any fees already paid for future use of the website.
11. FINAL PROVISIONS
- Exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from or in connection with this agreement shall be the registered seat of FAP, unless an exclusive statutory jurisdiction is present.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention and the conflicts of law rules.